Grape Jelly

On my road trip, I picked up a 1/4 pound of a fleece at the Depot. It was processed at Custom Woollen Mills, in Carstairs, AB. I've been wanting to try their stuff for a while.

I'm wild about the colour.

Spun on the wheel. Sometimes I think about spinning on a spindle again, and then I kinda laugh at my self. Wheel is so much faster.

I spun a bobbin of singles...

But then instead of putting up the other half of the batt onto a bobbin, I plied the first bobbin immediately. I was so excited.

And it's stunning. Very consistent, very squishy. Well balanced too (proud of myself). The photo above is of the unwashed skein, and there's no overtwist. I did a navajo ply, and I am quite pleased with the results. It's a dk/light worsted. I really want to try making a Hermaness hat with it, but I'll do some swatches, since it's lighter than the yarn I used last time, and I might need to add another repeat of the chart.

I finished a sock, and I've cast on its mate, so that it won't be lonely. :) [Riverside Studios, 8ply sock]




Happy knitting, have a peaceful day.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts