Photo Dump?

I've got so many fibre pictures from the last few weeks, that I don't know where to begin.

Maybe I'll just start with the hat that I finished the other day:
Started on Saturday, finished on Sunday.  Pattern is Ólafur from Drops Design. A free pattern. I knit the smallest size, and still found it a bit big. So swatch, people! (And it's Briggs and Little, no surprise there. Regal, in three shades of brown, the darkest of which is actually undyed. Huzzah for brown sheep and companies that spin it into yarn. When I visited the mill, the shop assistant told me they only get enough brown to do this every once and a while, and when they do, they sell in the mill shop only)
And then here are some of my pomme de pin. I finished it a little while back, and then on Wednesday last week, I introduced a friend to Kensington Market here in TO, and had her take some pictures of me and the sweater in front of a series of amazing murals that are everywhere.

I'm plum happy with my sweater. So cozy and light.
And while thrifting in the Market, I saw this sweater. I couldn't afford it, but it was lovely. Look at those cables, and the honeycomb stitch for the centre panel! (That's perhaps and interesting question for another time: What should you expect to pay for second-hand handmades? I mean, I want fair wages for the knitter that is commissioned to make things, but should high quality secondhand items also cost a ton. This was $45, if I remember correctly. That's about what the wool cost, and it was well made. In this case, all the thrifted items were this expensive, not just the handknits, because this is Toronto after all. Hmmmmm!?!?!).


Spinning photos are going to have to wait. :)

Comments

Popular Posts