All in a week's work

I gotta say, I've had a really creative week. 
I thought up (and knit) this hat on Saturday night.

Then on Tuesday I went to Yarns Untangled in Kensington market, and got a skein of the lovely Topsy farm yarn, in the 2 ply weight. The colour was perfect, but the weight wasn't what I had wanted, which turned out okay because I absolutely love the worsted-weight version of the hat too, and I'm excited to share both sizes. It's called Nassau hat, because of colour and the inspiration (to be talked out when the pattern comes out), but it doesn't hurt that Yarns Untangled in on Nassau St. 


Anyways, now I'm in testing stages. The chunky version takes no time at all, but my lovely test knitter, Darcie, is moving today. I'm so excited for her and her move, and knowing that my Nassau hat will be the first thing she finishes in her new apartment. 

I've also progressed on my Honeymaker Pullover. I think that the whole thing will go really quickly once I have finished the body, but that might be a while, because its 264 stitches, cabled, per round. But, I sort of love it, so that makes up for it. I can't wait to wear this one. It's got an amazing, drapey, gauge, since I used worsted (Cascade 220) instead of an Aran (Q&Co, Osprey). 
As mentioned before on Instagram and Ravelry, the ribbing in the original pattern did not match the cableing at all. Cables can flow beautifully from the ribbing, so why would that not be a goal. I aligned it on my own sweater by moving my beginning-of-round one stitch to the right, and the starting the centre panel on a row 5 instead of row 1. 

I also spent some classtime working on some socks in Zauberball, in the colourway pictured below. 
And I dug into a hand-processed bat of Shetland and Alpaca that my Aunt Margo gave me for my birthday. I don't have a picture for you yet, but it's stunning, being both glossy and goofy at the same time. 

Julia out. 

Comments

Popular Posts