In better light

I'd love to hear any tips you have about staying creative in the dead of winter, because I certainly don't know how. Canadian winters are just too long, and I crave the sunlight. I know that people in other parts of the world who have more sun still go through dry times of little inspirations, but I find that where I live, my creative dry spells are tied to the winter season.

But, here in Ontario, I think it might actually be spring (*She said with her fingers crossed very tightly behind her back*). We've had three straight days of temperatures above 15C', and the sun has been out and glorious.
I actually got out and walked around Ktown on Saturday. It helped that we had a visitor we wanted to show around, but still, we walked all around the RMC peninsula for a few hours, and it was this sunny and bright the whole time.
Now that the sun has been out so much, it's easy to get photographs in good lighting. Or pull out boxes of yarn at 6pm, and still be able to hold them under natural light and consider fair isle palettes. Or take my spinning wheel outside, as I did yesterday. What a novelty.
It was wonderful having the light pour through the spokes of my wheel as it turned. 
And I finished spinning the singles of the Shetland Alpaca batt that my aunt processed for my birthday. Yardage yet to be determined, but it's nicely between a fingering and a sport weight, and very sturdy yet draped. It's drying now, but my mind runs amuck already. 
2 ply, perhaps the most even yarn I have ever spun.
Today, I was working on a term paper at Starbucks + Indigo. And I took a break and walked to the knitting section. Simultaneously good and bad, because I got this awesome book, but it distracted me. Whoops.

It's got a couple amazing designs. You can see my favourite in the picture below, and along with a peek-a-boo by the newly spun yarn in the top left corner, and a new WIP design on the right.
This might be my favourite design. There are many that I like in this book, but the geometric print grabs my attention.

Comments

Popular Posts