After the Dye-Bath

I love this yarn so much now. It's squishier than you can imagine, and lower contrast. It's maybe a little darker than I captured in photos, and I'm very excited to knit with it. As I mentioned in the previous post, it's ~960 yards of 2 ply fingering weight, so I can get a decent sized knit garment out of it. Likely the "New Beginnings" shawl by Boo Knits. I bought that pattern a while ago, and started knitting, but did not ultimately end up liking the pairing of the two. So, I want to give it another go round.

I've not decided what needle size I want, but I'm leaning towards a 4.5, rather than my go-to 4.0mm needles, because it's fairly elastic, and will bounce back from whatever size I pin it to, rather than keeping it's shape as a yarn with alpaca or silk would. If I go with a slightly larger size than I normally try, it'll be more open in the knitting, and less dependent on blocking to open it up. Instead, blocking will primarily be for evening the fabric out, and flattening.

Also, my sweater is back on the needles, but it's not exactly light "travel" knitting. I'm headed to the cottage tomorrow, so I think I will take this potential shawl, and some socks that I want to knit. I'm also going to take the prototypes for my newest cowl-sock design combo, so that I can photograph the pattern photos at the cottage, where the light is great and the forest green.



Comments

Popular Posts